6.3.12

DOS

so last night me and abbey ended up watching this ridiculous movie on netflix called flakes about a cereal restaurant...don't waste your time. thats all the update for last night.

Also my mother told me I need to work on my grammar and punctuation since I'm a college graduate...we'll see how that goes. Sorry I'm not sorry people.

Today, second day of work, was pretty awesome again. When I got to work the kids were all really excited to see me and ran up to me yelling "lili!!!!". It was pretty adorable. We worked on more english words today too and most of the kids really couldn't care less but there's this one named Jose who loves english. He is soooo smart and he's only 4 years old; he remembers the words I teach him, like colors and numbers almost immediately. Ello es precioso.

After we got back from our jobs we had the best meal I've had in Guatemala. Seriously. It was a rice and chicken dish with a chicken broth based sauce that was delicious and a salad with this dressing that I'm pretty sure was some sort of avocado ranch, mmm. AND I finally got my fresh pineapple. After lunch Don Francisco (our driver) took us to exchange our money finally, so I'm rollin in the dough haha. But really, their money is so pretty here!


Then we had a Spanish lesson this afternoon, which went really well I think. Our teacher was so helpful and she was mostly just focused on making sure we knew basic commands for our children and were able to talk to them a bit. She's going to be here teaching us every tuesday and thursday so I feel like that'll be really helpful. I was again surprised by how much I remembered!

After our lesson me and Abbey went on our first solo adventure. We went to check out this gym that's really close to us to see about prices and its about $50 so I'll have to see if thats worth it to pay to not get creeped on. Then we went into a pretty sketch discount pharmacy to try and get Abbey some drogas cuz she's been sick the whole time here...but they had no idea what we were trying to say and kept trying to sell us baby aspirin, so we decided to just go to the grocery store instead. We finally got some snacks because dinner is so early here that we need something to tie us over until morning some days, sooo thank god. AND after many problems we got straws!!! We purposely figured out the word for straw before we went and asked a lady working at the store and both her and a man working there just looked at us like we were idiots and led us to a large assortment of different things that were definitely NOT straws, before we had to find them ourselves. So after we found them we brought them over to the lady we were talking to and she was like "ohhhh" and then repeated the EXACT same word we had told her earlier. It was obnoxious. I sometimes feel like here that some people don't even try to listen to us cuz they just look at us and assume "Ohh gringas...they don't know what they're talking about." But mission accomplished none the less.

After that adventure we came home and ate dinner and we've pretty much just been chilling ever since, I think we're all pretty tired, and I'm probably going to bed, so good night!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the grammar thing. It's a personal pet peeve you are well aware of. I am just so glad you are writing every day. It helps me feel like you are closer to home. I love you and am glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete