18.3.12

PLAYDOH

So last night we ended up going to see "All Good Things" or as they titled it in Spanish "Crimen en Familia"...i dont really know how they came up with that translation. Luckily the movie was in English (yay!) with Spanish subtitles. To see a movie we had to go over to zone 10 and the theatre was inside Oakland Mall, which was insanely nice. It was amazing the difference between this place and the street stores in our part of town. The mall had bumper boats, a waterfall, a train that went all over and tons of nice restaurants and fancy shops. It was crazy. Also when you go up to order your ticket here ($5) you get to see a seating chart of the theatre and pick out what seat you want, which is such a good idea. Overall the movie was pretty bad and crazy long, and it was pretty funny that they were playing that movie in the theatre since it came out in 2010, but I guess that movies come out later here. But the theatre was really cool and so was the mall. After we got home we pretty much just went to bed, which let me tell you is no easy feat in this town where there are crazy sounds all night long. As a small demonstration I took a video so yall could hear the noises outside our window before we went to bed...


Today: today we got to sleep in again :) but we missed banana pancakes for breakfast :(. We went to the grocery store after we finally got up and going cuz I wanted to make some playdoh for my students. Well once we got home I tried take one of playdoh, and it was a HUGE fail. The "playdoh" had the consistency of thick glue and it was impossible to get it off my fingers and into the trash can, so that was sad. But I dont give up that easy. So take 2... i realized that we didnt have any food coloring so we got creative and used abbey's red tea to dye the dough and I made it in the microwave this time off a different recipe I found online and this time...SUCCESS!!! yay!! I think my kids will really like it because as of now they have one can of playdoh to share between all of them so they each only get a tiny piece.

PLAYDOH SUCCESS!!!
This afternoon we heard this voice on a megaphone over and over and I decided to look outside and see what was going on and I saw some sort of procession going on. I think it probably has something to do with lent but I'm not too sure...but heres a video of it!



Well thats all for today, I'll update again tomorrow, night!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie! I love your blog and look forward to it everyday. Way to go with the Playdoh! I know that is going to be a hit with the little ones. I can't believe you are able to sleep at all with all that noise. You will be able to sleep through anything after that. Also, I love the video of the procession. They are saying the Rosary in Spanish as the walk the statues through the streets. Beautiful!

    I love you so much and miss you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete